July 10, 2009 at 6:46 pm by Capitol Avenue Club under Atlanta Braves, New York Mutts, Transactions
Jeff Francoeur was traded to the New York Mets for Ryan Church. I’m initially pleased with the move. I’ll need a few days to digest it before I give it any serious thought. Just a couple of tidbits:
1) Church is hitting .280/.332/.375 this year, Francoeur is hitting .250/.282/.352 aided by his 3-double performance last night.
2) Church is hitting .326/.359/.444 in ballparks not named Citi Field.
3) Church makes less money than Francoeur and they’ve both got 2 arbitration years left after this one.
4) Church has a career OPS+ of 108, Francoeur has a career OPS+ of 109 89.
5) From what I can gather without looking it up, Church is a superior defensive player.
6) Francoeur sucks.
7) Surely the Mets will option him to AAA, right?
Thoughts? Discussion? Points? I want to hear ‘em.